Sunday, January 31, 2016

When Scots Words Suit

There is only one way I can describe how this weekend has left me feeling -

Scunnered.


Watching the hypocrisy unfold on Twitter as once again the side, who think they are always right, mock and sneer in all their pomposity. Threatening with lawyers to bluster their way out of revealing they are little more than high school bullies and all excused as just 'hilarious' banter when they would be up in arms if  their opponents did the same.  Given a journalist with any mettle and a 'great' and 'wonderful' author would find their carefully manipulated reputation in tatters.

It's disheartening that the whole debate has been lowered to this level, where one scoffs at another, believes they are superior enough and unfortunately gets away with it.  

As if that wasn't bad enough, trying to get some people interested has been the most frustrating thing I've encountered since becoming more 'politically aware'.  Knowing there are people out there yet always being left to do everything, the expectation is sometimes overwhelming. I want to moan that I'm doing this with ME, I can't carry everyone, I'd love for more people to put their hands up and share a little.  The apathy is killing me.

It might sound a little vague, I'm worn out thinking about it all. I have lots I need to do tomorrow and empty batteries with which to try and do it.  

I'm just....completely scunnered....

via Atypically Relevant


No comments: