Friday, August 26, 2016

Claim To Fame

My second flashback to the 80s is a song that has particularly fun memories.

My dad had picked me up from school on the way back from my auntie's, on the radio it was announced that if you could get to the Barrowlands in Glasgow by 4:30 you could take part in the filming of the new Deacon Blue video.  Well, I quickly persuaded my dad to turn around and pick up my then best friend who was just as eager to go and off we went.

I can't quite remember how long it took, I think it was well after 10 pm when we finally stepped back outside, breathless and excited, having had a brilliant evening of music. Yes, they did play the song again and again but they also gave us a free concert of their other songs too. Perhaps it took hours and hours but it certainly didn't feel that way.

I can spot myself in the crowd, back then I was all curly hair, big earrings and no glasses (I squinted a lot but I just hated wearing the huge glasses I had!)

So, one of my claims to fame, I'm one of the crowd in a music video - I'll take it!


No comments: