Tuesday, March 24, 2009

'Bye Dad


I know now what it feels like to lose a parent.

My dad died at 6;50 pm after taking a turn for the worse. He went peacefully and sometimes you cannot ask for more than that. After weeks of illness, of careless falls in a ward where I wouldn't send my worst enemy, he ended up in a caring ward and that is how he left us.

And it feels...weird. Oh certainly the sadness is there, like a heavy blanket laying across me but to know that the person who has been there my whole life is gone feels just odd. There is no other way to put it. I have so many memories, the Hobbits have wonderful memories of their Grandpa.

1 comment:

Pewari Naan said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's death. Mine died very suddenly over 12 years ago now, but I still remember that feeling of it not really being real.

I'm glad the Hobbits have some good memories. Will be thinking of you all.