Saturday, May 30, 2009

Reality Bites

So tonight was the finale of Britain's Got Talent and did I watch it. Nope. Even though the lady with the teddy bear hair lives only a few miles from my door. I know she didn't win though, and I know who did. And why? Because these shows have become so much part of the fabric of every day life that the incidents and outcomes make the news.

Slow news day or no news day or catering for the masses?

Another point is this fascination with sticking the beak into people's family lives. I'll admit I've watched an episode of Jon and Kate plus 8. The idea of sextuplets is of curiosity, I know what two are like so triple that...Only the show seemed more about the mother, I am judgemental, I didn't really like her and it would seem that reality was not so much what was depicted as the concept behind the show. Okay, I'll be blunt, as is my want, she came across as a bit of a bitch and not exactly a warm and caring mother. That is entirely my opinion and I wouldn't expect anyone else to follow what I say.

Only there are people who watch these programmes, who become so involved with them that they get carried away in the lives of people with teddy bear hair or beaver tail hair. (I have a thing about hair at the moment as I'm trying to grow mine into some kind of reasonable mess.)

I suppose it is one way of ignoring all the horrible things that are going on at the moment, a form of escapism.

No comments: