Tuesday, May 03, 2011

30 Days Again

For want of something to do or perhaps a slightly simple need for lists.


Either way this is fun...


Let 30 Day Movie Challenge commence...




Day 1: Favourite film




Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain


I love everything about this film, could watch it endlessly and be left feeling a warm happy glow like the blind man Amelie describes the world to.  This is instant cheer in the shape of an ultimately uplifting film with a wonderful dose of eccentricity Parisian style.


I have never been to Paris and after watching this I don't think I could.  It is not so much that I would be looking for the man in red shoes at every photo booth or that I would be looking for Nino (as adorable as he is.)  Reality is always a disappointment and I would prefer my Paris Amelie style.


Amelie I can understand, I can relate to and I can envy that she maintains her naivety long after those of us who were lonely, only children on the outskirts of society have been turned.  We should all be left to become the people we are meant to be.


The fool looks at a finger that points at the sky. 




For the record.  I had two goldfish and they never felt suicidal, Dano the budgie however...

No comments: