Friday, September 23, 2011

That 30 Day Movie Thing - Day 18

Day 18: Film that is your guilty pleasure


Pleasure should never be guilt ridden, absolutely not.  And most of my films give pleasure otherwise they wouldn't be on this list.  (Except for the "Least" ones of course, I didn't really need to explain that did I?)


Anyway,  I'm going to chose this one for the simplest of reasons - 






Perhaps it is my wicked sense of humour that means I snigger at the strangest and most inopportune things.  I know, we shouldn't make fun of people, we shouldn't gain so much pleasure from a film that has very dark undertones.  


I've been to Bruges, it made me feel like Ray does.


So I get pleasure from the fantastically well written script, seeing Colin Farrell and Mad-Eye Moody enjoy their roles to the point where they make their characters not only believable but (here is the guilty bit) sympathetic.  I also feel guilt as I hate the way gangsters and criminals are glamorised in cinema but I really do like Ray and Ken.


It's a bloody good movie.   Let's just leave it as that!

No comments: