Sunday, July 15, 2012

But it IS always raining!

The name of the blog would only be a curse if read by anyone.  So...I shall continue without apology as this is how *I* roll.  As the saying goes.


At the moment (16:55 GMT) the sun is making a rare appearance in this little part of Scotland.  This has to be one of the worst summers ever, according to the boffins it is because the jet stream moved - it can jolly well move back.  Was watching an excellent BBC prog this week called Volcano Live.  Volcanoes being a dangerous interest for both me and Hobbits alike - they mentioned a Byron poem 'Darkness' which was written in 1816, the year without summer.  


Caused by a volcano spewing forth in the Dutch East Indies the previous year it got me thinking (for I have nothing better to do with my time).  What if this is caused by last years eruption of Eyjafjallajökull up in Iceland?  Wouldn't that make sense?


I also think if you can pronounce Eyjafjallajökull you should get a free holiday to Iceland with a visit to all the volcanoes for free - I have been practising.





John Martin - The Destruction of Herculaneum and Pompeii

No comments: