Friday, August 28, 2015

The Learning Process

This I need to do...


And why would this be difficult? Because, according to the same motivational speaker I am an "Obliger".


I don't usually have time for such people, they tend to talk in the air; grand ideas that don't really make sense or have much substance.  Then I came across this idea of knowing yourself from the artist Anna Mason  and suddenly it clicked.  I am a people-pleaser and I resent it so much it is harming all parts of my life.

It needs to stop.

For future reference, as the artist's blog I mentioned is about to change, here is a longer talk discussing all types and the test to take which is scarily accurate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5LyTqCfj6E

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1950137/Four-Tendencies-January-2015

I subscribed to Rubin's YouTube channel as she talks about organising and decluttering and I really need to pay attention to that.  I may be 43 years old but it's time to find out if you really can teach an old dog new tricks - case in point the previous post about the challenge.  Finger out, girlie!




No comments: