Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Day 26 - Let's Share With The Group Again

As though we haven't done enough of that, here, I'll open up another vein of private information.  If nothing else this will be somewhat entertaining to look back on, pity I don't drink any more as it'd probably be funny from under a fuzzy haze.

Write about an area in your life you'd like to improve -

Ooft, again, just the one?

Okay, there are more important ones, some which I obviously can't do anything about but would otherwise be top of the list.  In that light then there is an area that would give me a deep sense of happiness were I to have some level of competence.

Indeed, this is something that I am working towards although I don't get enough time to truly dedicate to my practice.

My art, or scribblings as would be more apt.  As yet I haven't developed a style of my own, I have a tendency to be a little too illustrative where I'd like to be more abstract.  I don't want to show, I want to hint at and have the eye do the remaining work.

Recently I've tried a couple of exercises to help my lack of tone - two medium, two colours, two hours.  I only ever really do sketches rather than work at a piece until I'm happy.  I actually quite like what I've produced recently.

This post needs examples, it's late, I'm tired, so will add them tomorrow morning.

No comments: