Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Juggling and Day Four

Too much to do, Obliger obliging as per usual.  Argh, I must stop this *now*!  And I must learn to say no and not feel so damn guilty.

Write about someone who inspires you:

Predictable? I don't care as there are people who inspire me and others in their actions, which make them well known.  People like Jane Haining or Elsie Inglis, Violette Szabo or Irene Sendler.  All women whose stories I grew up reading, inspiring and amazing women who reached beyond and discovered courage in a world where their place in society should have limited them.

Yet who do I choose - yes, of course my father.

I couldn't be as brave as those women but if I can be thought of half as well as my father was then I'll have done right with my life.  Typically I didn't cherish what I had enough and I try raise my sons to be the kind of man their grandfather was.  An old-fashioned concept but kindness and honesty are worth so much more.

I live a little life so my aspirations are not world changing but they change me and that is all I can do.

As a pernickity old grump it's about the best I can hope for.

No comments: