Wednesday, September 30, 2015

On The Final Run - Day Twenty-Seven

A little more optimistic this one...

Conversely, write about something that's kicking ass right now -

Ooh, despite my usual Eeyore exterior I do have some points in life I'm happy with.

One involves such adult concepts as marketing plans, business plans and networking.  The result of which will hopefully mean we can afford holidays again!  Yes, it does boil down to that basic desire because it means I'm doing well if I can have a break away from it all!

The other ties in with everything I experienced last year and a move towards allying myself with a political party, becoming an activist, organiser and general do-er rather than just letting things pass by.  It's all that 'stand for something...'

I've always been opinionated, might as well do something about it at last.

This last thing is why I've been so tired of late, there's a local by-election, we have a candidate and no clue as to what we're really doing. Cue lots of running around. It has been hard work, my ME/CFS monster is wondering what the f**k I think I'm doing but it's all part of the learning curve.

The guy who is likely to win is one of those politician types; all smarmy arrogance and disregarding anyone not important enough.  That would make every single councillor we have in the area a white, elderly male - they'd make a great identity parade in a police line-up but it's rubbish for diversity.

No comments: