Friday, August 12, 2016

Shutting The Monkey Up

Lots of things have happened in the last month, although as summer holidays go it's been mostly computer games and snuffling hayfever for the teens.  Plans for days out have fallen by the wayside, busy places have never been that appealing anyway.

I was watching a video on meditation, that is probably one of the most pretentious things I've ever written. I've been trying my hardest to learn to stop, breathe and calm down, especially during times of anxiety. When I went through CBT at the ME clinic I was taught various ways to attempt to switch off my buzzing mind. None of them really worked and then I saw this:


Completely relate to having a chattering monkey mind. Completely! Now, when I need a moment of peace I give the chattering monkey something to do. In my usual way, I almost feel like I should talk to the monkey, make peace with her - yeah, I'll let you know how that works out. 

No comments: